Educator STEAM Resources
This section of the website is currently updating...stay tuned for more info!
Environmental Education Curriculum Articles
- Klein, J., & Rauchwerk, S. (2016).Ecological literacy: Meanings and approaches. Across the Spectrum: Resources for Environmental Educators. North American Association for Environmental Education. 3(1), 65-84.
- McMackin, M., Rauchwerk, S., Cambone, J. and Curtis M. (2013). Preparing urban teachers: Working outside the university box. Phi Delta Kappan.
- Poey, V., Weber, N., Diaz, G., and Smiley, S. (2013) Artful Science. Donovan and Dacey (Eds.). Shell Publishing.
- Rauchwerk, S. (2017). Learning Through Play in Speed School, an International Accelerated Learning Program. International Journal of Learning, Teaching, and Educational Research.
- Rauchwerk, S. (2017). Where does our food come from? Green Teacher. 114. 7-11.
- Strobel, J., Weber, N., Dyehouse, M, & Gajdzik, E, “Recommendations to realign the national STEM education agenda,” ASQ Higher Education Brief, Vol. 4, No. 1, February 2011.
- Strobel, J., Wang, J., Weber, N., & Dyehouse, M. (2013). The Role of Authenticity in Design-Based Learning Environments: The Case of Engineering Education. Computers & Education, 64:143-152.
- Weber, N., Duncan, D., Dyehouse, M., Strobel, J., & Diefes-Dux, H. (2011). The development of a systematic coding system for elementary students’ drawings of engineers. Journal of Pre-Engineering Education Research, v1(1), 49-62.
Maker Lab: 28 Super Cool Projects: Build * Invent * Create * Discover By Jack Challoner
STEAM Kids: 50+ Science / Technology / Engineering / Art / Math Hands-On Projects for Kids by Anne Carey
The Big Book of Makerspace Projects: Inspiring Makers to Experiment, Create, and Learn by Colleen Graves
- The Curious Naturalist by John Mitchell & the Massachusetts Audubon Society